Butterfly tea is a type of herbal tea that will boost up your energy level from inside. If you visit any country in Southeast Asia anytime soon, you will see a caffeine-free tea that is way more popular than any other tea. Butterfly pea is basically a tea that is made of flower essence. The flower name is Clitoria
You can add a few things for a great flavor. And the blue color will be on the pH level of what you are adding next. You can add some lemon or maybe citrus juice so that the blue will turn into purple immediately.
History Of Butterfly Pea Tea:
Just like the chamomile tea in America, this tea is popular among Southeast Asian. They often like to take it as an after-dinner or lunch drink. You can either drink cold or hot. Apart from that, you can add some ginger, mint or honey in it to change the taste. This tea made with the dry petals of butterfly pea plants and the people of Vietnam, Thailand and other countries are consuming it as a drink. Nowadays, thanks to the internet because it has been made popular worldwide. People even use the dried leaves to make cocktails for any sort of party effect.
Some Health Benefits Of This Tea:
According to the research, it has some great health benefits that are mentioned below.
- The antioxidant properties of butterfly pea is actually great for hair and skin. It can work wonders to your skin. Apart from that, it has various minerals and a high level of vitamins which will give you protection from early aging.
- The super-effective anti-glycation will help you to stay young and youthful no matter what. Other than that, it contains flavonoids which are popular for accelerating skin elasticity.
- The clitoria leaves are really helpful for controlling blood sugar levels. If you are suffering from high blood sugar, you can definitely try this out.
- Someone, who is suffering from anxiety or maybe depression should try drinking this tea before going to bed. The antioxidants have a huge role to play and fix your mood.
- The color blue itself is very soothing but apart from that, it is popular to refresh your brain and make it work more efficiently.
The butterfly pea is a great beverage and you can definitely try this out and the taste is almost similar to the green tea. The health benefits of this tea can be a reason you should start drinking it soon. It is available in almost every place now and people are literally loving it.