Boldo is more like an herbal tea. In South Africa, there is a tree called boldo; boldo tea is basically made with the leaves of this tree. You can drink this tea to get rid of digestive disorders, constipation, headaches and many more. But, overconsumption of boldo tea is a big NO! If you do this, you are going to face a lot of side effects. However, a lot of people do not know how to go about the preparation of this tea though there is nothing that much extraordinary about the preparation. Let’s check out the preparation.
What Is Boldo?
Boldo is a form of tea that can be called a type of herbal tea as well. According to research, the leaves of this boldo tree have been in use for a long time now. This is provenly a great tonic for many things. Nowadays, people are making tea with these small leaves for several health benefits. You must have heard about yerba mate. Well, you can dilute this tea along with yerba mate in order to make it a regular drink. It will eventually keep you disease-free no matter what. The immune system of yours will be boosted.
The Preparation Of Boldo Tea:
Well, you can find boldo tea bags in your nearest market or online. However, you can also buy dried boldo tea in order to get more benefits.
- Firstly, if you have bought dried form of this tea then take one or two teaspoons of this. After that, you have to crush the boldo leaves.
- You should heat the water like 90 to 95 degrees Celsius. And if you have an electric tea kettle you can just set the temperature accordingly.
- After that, you need to pour at least eight ounces of water over the tea leaves.
- Let the tea leaves get absorbed for at least 10 to 15 minutes.
- After waiting for 15 minutes straight, you are almost done with the preparation. You just need to strain the leaves from the cup and enjoy your tea.
Side Effects Of This Tea:
Overconsumption might be dangerous for anything be it a beverage or even an health drink. Boldo tea is more or less safe but if you are drinking too much of this, it can prove bad for your health. You can, of course, use boldo for any sort of skin purposes but the direct application might cause rashes and irritation.
- It is not safe during breastfeeding or pregnancy.
- This tea can be dangerous for people who have blocked bile ducts.
- If you are taking alcohol, you should avoid this.
- However, if you are going to have surgery anytime soon, then you should stop drinking it before at least two weeks.
- If you are some who take Lithium, then it is not suitable for you.
Hence, the right amount of this tea can be really beneficial for your health. But these things you should keep in mind always before drinking this regularly.